Ensuring that procurement behaviours are a force for positive change
We are looking forward to hearing Ann cover a number of key issues including:
- A bit of background on the CLC
- What the CLC has been doing since C19
- The CLC’s Industry Recovery Roadmap
- What this means in the short medium and long term
- The opportunity this gives to reduce disputes, increase professionalism, improve collaboration and move to a more transparent, fairer industry
- The role that value based procurement should play in the recovery
- The challenges that this will bring
Speaker: Ann Bentley
Global Board Director, Rider Levett BucknallAnn is a Global Board Director of Rider Levett Bucknall, a QS, PM and advisory firm employing 650 staff in the UK and 4,000 worldwide, operating in 40 countries.
Ann is a member of the UK Government’s Construction Leadership Council, an advisor to the Construction Industry Council and recently authored the CLC’s Procuring for Value Report. She is a Chartered Member of the Institution for Civil Engineers (MICE), a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS) and holds an MBA from Henley Management College.
With a 35 year track-record in the property and construction sector Ann is experienced in working with commercial, public and third sector clients, with particular expertise in estate renewal and community development.
After graduating from the University of Manchester, she joined British Rail in 1982 as a civil engineer, moving to Bucknall Austin as a project manager in 1989. Ann is an advocate of diversity and social inclusion in the construction industry.