Innovation and value through collaborative procurement – A465
The Welsh Government set out their vision for stimulating Wales’ first Strategic Regeneration Area in ‘Turning Heads – A strategy for the Heads of the Valleys 2020’. One of the key drivers for social and economic regeneration was the delivery of the A465 dualling programme. Section 3 sits entirely within Blaenau Gwent County Borough which suffers from higher than average levels of unemployment and deprivation. Maximising community benefits during and after construction was a key driver for the project.
The procurement strategy adopted by the Welsh Government client and their representatives, E C Harris, allowed early contractor involvement (ECI) which, in turn, allowed a transparent approach to risk management and value engineering. Combined with an incentivizing of the supply chain this fostered a culture of innovation which helped to drive value on a number of fronts.
At this morning event you will hear from the whole team and will learn about:
• Why the client adopted this procurement strategy and how ECI helped to drive greater value
• How a significant use of Building Information Modelling (BIM) by Carillion, Arup and their supply chains has improved the design and construction process and added long term value
• How whole life costs including carbon impacts have been assessed
• Why a proactive approach to realizing community benefits was important
• Why high levels of stakeholder and community engagement were essential
• How a significant use of performance management systems has improved delivery
As with all our events you will have an opportunity to quiz the delivery team and then we will follow with a tour of the site.
How to Book: To reserve your place please email CEWales Events stating your full contact details and the names of all delegates wishing to attend. Substitution of delegates can be made at any time.
To become a Best Practice Club member visit our Club Page for details. Payments can now be made by credit/debit card.
Non-attendance by any registered delegate will be charged £20 unless you have informed us by Tuesday 21st October.
In order to reduce wastage at our events CEW operates a policy of only notifying venue details when issuing registration confirmation. This ensures we only cater for delegates who have registered and don’t over order for individuals who may or may not turn up on the day.