Enabling Zero Waste – sector information event – St Asaph
We are hosting a sector event to share information about Enabling Zero Waste, a Constructing Excellence in Wales – Construction, Demolition and Waste project with members of the construction industry.
What is the project?
Enabling Zero Waste is a Constructing Excellence in Wales (CEW) initiative designed to provide practical, positive and active intervention through the provision of professional waste management solutions targeted at a small number of Construction and Demolition projects in Wales.
CEW will work in collaboration with construction sites to offer practical intervention to the construction project and site teams to explore viable solutions of achieving zero waste. We are working with four live construction sites:
• Ice Arena Wales, Cardiff Bay (Kier Construction);
• Glynn Vivian Art Gallery, Swansea (John Weaver Contractors Ltd);
• Millbank Primary School, Ely, Cardiff (W.R.W Construction Ltd) and
• Care Home, Newport (Castleoak Care Partnerships Ltd)
At the event, Paul Jennings, Director of the CEW Construction and Demolition waste programme will share information about the distinctive projects and offer an insight into plans to address the challenge of achieving zero waste to landfill throughout the build and how this will affect day to day practical and commercial operations.
The event will provide vital information and intelligence for those in the construction industry and this first in a series of events will disseminate achievements, challenges, obstacles and solutions and provide learning opportunities developing understanding of the feasibility of the Welsh Government Zero Waste target.
Paul will be joined by Enabling Zero Waste project board members who will discuss the current project status and plans for the future.
The fundamental objectives of the Enabling Zero Waste project are to offer an active intervention at site providing mentoring and practical operational assistance to enable a reduction in site waste and to produce learning resources which demonstrate the viability of zero waste to landfill.
Specific outputs include:
• A roadmap and worked examples that demonstrate if and how zero waste is achievable in the current context (2014) given parameters of practical and economic viability
• BIM modelling and outputs
• Site Waste Management Plans and input into BRE SMARTWaste learning
• An ongoing, up to date and engaging communications campaign
• A collection of testimony/ case studies/ evidence base of projects and examples
• Educational tools/ resources for others to gain knowledge and behaviour change
Follow Enabling Zero Waste on Twitter @EZWaste_Wales for the latest updates and news about the project
How to Book: This event is free of charge. To reserve your place please email email@example.com stating your full contact details and the names of all delegates wishing to attend.
Non-attendance by any registered delegate will be charged £20 unless you have informed us by Tuesday 15th July. We confirm numbers to the venue the day before the event and numbers cannot be amended we are charged in full for that amount.
In order to reduce wastage at our events CEW operates a policy of only notifying venue details when issuing registration confirmation. This ensures we only cater for delegates who have registered and don’t over order for individuals who may or may not turn up on the day.