Laying strong foundations across the infrastructure sector
The board of the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA) Wales established its CECA Wales Foundation Group a few years ago as a way of encouraging its younger members to make their voices heard across the sector and to help the board to better represent these views and perspectives in its work.
The group is formed of five young Welsh professionals from civil engineering & construction companies operating across Wales and their aims are :
- To promote the infrastructure and construction sector amongst young people.
- To develop future generations of professionals and encourage them into the industry.
- To represent the young professionals already in the industry.
- To promote apprenticeships, traineeships, and mid-career transitions.
- To connect like-minded people whose ambition is to future-proof Wales’ infrastructure.
On Friday 3rd November the Foundation Group premiered its new video at the CECA Wales Awards Dinner to showcase opportunities across the sector. They will be using the video to support engagement with schools, colleges and other partners and stakeholders. If you’d like to see the video please follow either of these links and share with your colleagues:
The group members are Gruff Rowlands of Jones Bros Ruthin, Rebecca Lloyd of Alun Griffiths Ltd, Sam Knowles of Walters UK, Jordan Williams of Andrew Scott Ltd and Jack Little of Knights Brown and if you’d like to know more about them and the CECA Wales Foundation Group, what they’re up to and how you can engage with them please use the following Social Media Links: