How timber is leading Construction’s Net Zero recovery - RSAW Wales Future Practice CPD programme
This series of presentations from members of the Structural Timber Association will reflect on how its systems are imperative in delivering a net zero recovery, including its links with Welsh Government, the importance of quality & compliance and what the structural timber sector is doing to ensure it is embedded within it. It will also update those attending on recent fire research including cavity barriers & sprinklers.
- Introduction to Structural Timber Association including our links with Welsh Government – Andrew Carpenter, STA Chief Executive
- STA Assure (giving confidence to use structural timber) – Andrew Orriss, STA Assure Director
- Design requirements using timber to include our recent fire research/cavity barriers work – James Walker, STA Technical Consultant
- Sprinklers update – Mike Burroughs, STA Fire Consultant
Core curriculum topics:
6. Sustainable architecture
10. Design, construction and technology
Want to hear about more events like this one? Make sure you're signed up to our newsletters.
Terms and Conditions
- Cancellations are acceptable in writing up to 10 working days of the event, please contact regional office for cancellation requests.
- Substitutes are permitted at any time*, please contact regional office for substitution requests .
- If the RIBA has to postpone or cancel the event the booker is entitled to a full refund of the ticket price only, no compensation will be given for travel costs.
- We may contact you regarding future CPD events.
- The RIBA accepts no responsibility for the views or opinions expressed by speakers or any other person at the event.
- A photographer will cover this event and the images may be used to publicise future RIBA events.
- By accepting an invitation or purchasing a ticket you consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded as a visitor attending the event.
- On entry to the event you agree to accept and abide by any venue rules.
- The RIBA reserves the right to refuse admission to any ticket holder.
- The personal data you provide is managed via Eventbrite in order to provide a better service. The RIBA staff process the data at all times.
* Non-members cannot substitute for member and/or student tickets.