Free Webinar - Communication in the New World
This interactive webinar will be led by Penny Wood who is a communications expert. She'll be unpacking this highly relevant and critical topic of communication and what Leaders need to consider and upskill themselves in as we move into a very new world.
The webinar will include discussions around:
- What's really happened in the last few months – how are companies and leaders are communicating differently?
- The impact of Covid-19 on business leaders and their people - what are some of the communication challenges?
- Where are we now? What is this New World of Communication?
The session will include tips on how to communicate effectively in the new world, whether on a Zoom 1-1 call, MS Teams, Skype or a phone call etc.
You will learn:
- How to create rapport, trust and connection?
- How to develop and demonstrate empathy and concern?
- How to develop mastery in active listening skills?
- How to shift into a more positive space reframing your responses about the way forward in a positive manner?
Speaker: Penny Wood
International Mangement Consultant, Penny Wood Talks Ltd
As an international management consultant, executive coach, facilitator and professional speaker, Penny specializes in empowering leaders all over the world whether that be supporting them with their leadership journey, speaking in public, or executive coaching to help them achieve their true potential and realize their dreams.
With over twenty years’ experience in the construction industry, Penny has worked on some of the most iconic projects in the West Country. As a Senior Project Manager, her portfolio includes the £25 million Colston Hall music venue in Bristol, £25 million M-Shed museum located on Bristol’s dockside, Cabot Circus the £500 million mixed use retail development of 150 stores, office and residential space in Bristol. She went on to work internationally where she spent 7 years in New York and had the honour of working on the $2 billion capital masterplan and historic restoration of the United Nations world headquarters – a unique, once in a lifetime career opportunity.
It was whilst living in New York, Penny ignited the spark within her and decided to pursue her passion to develop leaders. She became a member of Toastmasters International, a global leadership and public speaking organisation and developed her craft becoming a Distinguished Toastmaster in July 2015, the highest level of educational achievement. When she returned to the UK in 2016, she launched her own consultancy Penny Wood Talks Ltd, speaking professionally and training and coaching people around the globe.