The Construction Playbook
Fergus Harradence joins us to talk about the Construction Playbook which sets out the Government’s new approach to procuring and contracting for construction work.
The Construction Playbook aims to:
- Reset the relationship with the construction sector to make this more strategic and less transactional
- Increase the speed of end-to-end project and programme delivery and contribute to Project Speed
- Embed delivering best value at the heart of government procurement of construction
- Drive innovation and the adoption of Modern Methods of Construction – including product platforms with standardised designs, components and interfaces
- Create longer term, sustainable, effective, and fairer contracting arrangements
Fergus Harradence leads for the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy on sponsorship of the construction sector. Since joining the Civil Service in 2000, he has worked in a number of departments in a range of economic policy roles, including trade policy, export promotion, innovation and corporate tax. His current responsibilities include BEIS’ policies to help improve the performance of the construction sector, the Department’s contribution to the Government’s house-building ambitions, and its relationship with the Construction Leadership Council.