Future Generations Commissioner - Talking Future Generations Workshops
Acting today for a better tomorrow
It is almost a year since the Well-being of Future Generations Act came into force. In the year since her appointment, the Commissioner has met all 44 public bodies covered by the Act and engaged with hundreds of organisations.
Continuing the Conversation
The Commissioner and her team are now in the process of deciding where we should focus our work to make the most difference. We have identified some of the key challenges and issues that will most affect future generations in Wales, and are inviting you to tell us:
1) How far you agree with the emerging 4 broad challenge areas facing Wales
2) How far you agree that the issues that we have identified are:
a) those that contribute most to the overall challenges for Wales
b) those that will have most impact on future generations in Wales
3) Whether we have missed any key issues that relate to these challenge areas
4) Which issues you think are the most important ones, and why
Take the SenseMaker Survey (an innovative digital tool to record your views) – it will take less than 10 minutes and you can tell us as much or as little as you want. We would be grateful if you could also send the survey out through your own networks and social media channels.
We are also holding a number of conversation events to discuss the critical long-term challenges facing Wales, and we would like you to join us and share your views on which issues we should prioritise. This will help to define our focus and areas for action in order to identify opportunities and solutions for tackling them:
- Thursday 23 March - Christchurch Centre, Newport
- Tuesday 28 March - Morlan Centre, Aberystwyth
- Wednesday 29 March - Reichel Hall, Bangor University
- Thursday 30 March - YMCA, Swansea
- Monday 3 April - Butetown Community Centre, Cardiff
- Tuesday 4 April - Catrin Finch Centre, Glyndŵr University, Wrexham
If you would like to join us for one of the above please reserve your place via Eventbrite indicating which workshop you would like to attend.