RICS – Environmental Litigation
Regulations and practical implications (England, Wales & Northern Ireland only)
This session will address legal issues and help assist practitioners to identify and avoid complexities. Gain an in-depth understanding of environmental damage, the underlying regulatory environmental issues, third party liabilities and the risks and opportunities these present.
This seminar will discuss:
- What constitutes environmental damage?
- Whistle blowing – third parties preventative and remedial duties
- Strict liability / fault based liability in others
- Enforcement and remediation notices
- Insurance implications and its impact on valuations
- Opportunities for surveyors
Northern Ireland – Representative, Arthur Cox
London, South East, South West – Simon Tilling, Senior Associate, Burges Salmon
Wales – Representative, Geldards
West Midlands, Yorkshire and Humber – Cairo Nickolls, Solicitor, Regulatory and Criminal Investigations, Irwin Mitchell
Call – 020 7695 1600 or visit RICS website www.rics.org/conferences