Benefitting Communities through Construction – Cardiff
Join CEW and the Welsh Best Practice Clubs at one of a number of breakfast events which will be held across Wales through May and June and learn how construction projects in your area have contributed to the wellbeing and sustainability of your communities. We have brought together policy makers, clients, contractors, consultants, suppliers and end users from your area to explain how they’ve achieved this.
Construction can mean so much more than just building things. But you need to think about it and plan it to get real value for the investment. Sensitively procured and well delivered construction projects, based on collaborative working principles and integrated teams, have the potential to deliver significant added value over and above just a building or just a road.
They can and should provide:
• business opportunities for local sub-contractors and suppliers;
• training, learning and work opportunities for local young people and those economically disadvantaged groups;
• opportunities for local communities and schools to engage with the project being constructed in their communities.
Who should attend:
• Elected members and policy makers to hear about wider social opportunities;
• Clients, procurers and economic regenerators to hear about added value;
• Public and private sector designers and contractors to see how others have delivered;
• Local suppliers, sub-contractors and end users to see the wider benefits for local businesses and communities.
How to Book: To reserve your place please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your full contact details and the names of all delegates wishing to attend. Substitution of delegates can be made at any time.
To become a Best Practice Club member visit our Best Practice Clubs page for details
Non-attendance by any registered delegate will be charged in full unless you have informed us by Monday 7th May 2012.
Payments can now be made by credit/debit card.
In order to reduce wastage at our events CEW operates a policy of only notifying venue details when issuing registration confirmation. This ensures we only cater for delegates who have registered and don’t over order for individuals who may or may not turn up on the day.