PassivHaus in Practice – gateway to zero carbon and high levels of the Code’ – Llandudno
Come and learn about the Northern European housing standard that can deliver Code 4 Sustainable Housing without the need for renewables. Learn about the standard and how to put it into practice, learning the finer points of passive design and high thermal performance. What skills are required to deliver Passive House and how does it fit into Building Regulations and the latest requirements in Tan 22 and MIPPS.
- PassivHaus overview – key criteria
- What type of buildings can be PassivHaus?
- How the PassivHaus standard relates to the Code and the Welsh climatic context
- Design detailing to PassivHaus standard – getting the detailing right (airtightness and thermal bridging)
- Using PHPP – an overview of the calculation procedure
- Site specific climatic data in PHPP – how to obtain it
- Practical issues to look out for during the build process
- PassivHaus certification process – the assessment methodology things to plan ahead for
- Open forum – (designers are encouraged to send a maximum of 2 slides outlining a PassivHaus design challenge they are facing or raise a ‘real world’ design issue)
This seminar is part of a series of events being held by Constructing Excellence in Wales with BRE to explain what this means to the construction industry in Wales and what clients, developers, architects and contractors should do to meet these standards.
The charge for the event is £55 plus VAT for club members and £65 plus VAT for non club members, and you must register with us in advance.
Other topics in the series are:
Sustainable Refurbishment beyond WHQ’s – 13th/15th October
To reserve your place please reply to the email below stating your full contact details and the names of all delegates wishing to attend. Delegates may cancel their registration and will receive a credit for the fees paid less 50% as long as we are informed two weeks before the event. Cancellations after this will be charged in full. Substitution of delegates can be made at any time.
Constructing Excellence in Wales
2nd Floor East, Longcross Court
47 Newport Road, Cardiff.
Tel: +44 (0) 2920 493322