The Structural Timber Association is setting up a series of visits to member factories to help educate the construction industry about the potential of timber frame.
Friday 3rd February 2017
Members of the Structural Timber Association will be hosting a series of Factory Tours nationwide throughout 2017. These leading companies will be opening the doors to their impressive manufacturing facilities to demonstrate the process of timber frame production and construction from design and storage through to the several mechanical cutting, nailing and finishing procedures to the finished product and delivery to finished goods.
Below are details of tours for the first half of the year but you can keep up to date with all STA events here
Benefits of offsite manufacture presentation:
- Office CAD demo - timber frame design and scheduling
- Production information and work orders
- Production planning and outputs
- Factory layout principles
- In coming raw materials
- Procurement principles and sources
- Cross cutting pre assembly and setting out
- Assembly and labelling, stacking and storage
- Finished goods and work in progress
- Loading / shipping product
- Quality checks
- Quality Management Systems
- Waste and re-cycling
- Fire Risk Mitigation
Who Should Attend?
These tours are FREE to attend and are aimed predominantly at Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Clients, Housebuilders and Developers.
Please note - All tour bookings are secured on a first come, first serve basis.
If you have any queries relating to the Factory Tours, please email Bob Davis, Membership Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org